Keeping your financial and personal information secure and confidential is our utmost priority.
We understand how important security and privacy are to you. Here are just a few of the steps we take to protect your personal information:
- We protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws.
- We use technologies like virus protection and firewalls to block unauthorized access.
- We use industry standard encryption to protect your information from the moment it leaves your computer until it reaches our systems. Look for the secure locked padlock on your browser, which means you are using a secure web connection.
- We will log out your account from the website automatically after a period of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
- We authorize our employees to get your information only when they need it to do their work, and we require companies that work for us to protect your information.
- In the event that any of your information that we control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- When you access the website, we (or companies we work with) may place small data files called cookies on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; and collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk; help prevent fraud; and improve our products and services
You play a very important role in protecting your information. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information protected:
- Don't use e-mail to send confidential account information. E-mail is not secure and we would never ask for this information in e-mail.
- Use a long password that is easy to remember, but hard for others to guess. You can combine 3-4 unrelated words to create a very strong password.
- Never share your password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password over the phone or through e-mail.
- Use the latest Google chrome or Microsoft Internet explorer browser to access our site.
- Use antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer. Keep your computer up to date and install the latest security patches.
- Stay alert! If you notice anything suspicious, please contact us immediately.
- Check your credit report at least once a year to make sure there is no unauthorized activity. See below for information on obtaining a free credit report.
FTC Tips on Information Security
FTC Identity Theft Information
Microsoft Security Home Page (for Windows users)
Information on Obtaining Free Credit Reports